Fujairah Collage

Fujairah Collage
Some distinctive landmarks in Fujairah

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fujairah in Focus—The Last Post

This is the last posting for Fujairah in Focus on this web site and the Fujairah in Focus Facebook Page.

I started Fujairah in Focus five years ago, as there was little information about Fujairah in English. I quickly discovered there was a big hunger for news and information, among residents, tourists and prospective residents.

What began with no readers has, after a thousand articles, reached almost 200,000 page views a year. The addition of the Fujairah in Focus Facebook Page with its easy linking and photo posting facility has multiplied the number of readers.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Fujairah in Focus but it has become too big a project to be done in my spare time on a voluntary basis.

Future Plans

I have got books I have been asked to write and other projects I want to pursue so I need to make time and create some head space if I am to get these accomplished.

I will still be available for English writing projects.

As Joseph Campbell puts it, “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned so as to have the life that’s waiting for us.”

Shukran

Thank you to the many who have read the articles about Fujairah and stimulated me with your questions, comments, suggestions and constructive criticism.

I love Fujairah and I still plan to get out and enjoy the people and landscape of this unique emirate.

Ma’assalama.

Geoff Pound

geoffpound@gmail.com

11 comments:

David Miras said...

Not "like".....not one bit!

Vidhya Viju Govind said...

will surely miss ur posts ....... I shall be in touch, Wishing u all the luck for the tasks ahead of u:)

Unknown said...

I am an Emirati but I knew more about this wonderful Emirate from your posts. Thanks for sharing them with us :D

DaddyBird said...

Very, very sad to hear this. Your posts have been wonderful and there is not any replacement! :-(>

Clare said...

Will miss your insight Geoff into the life and loves of Fujariah....

Hessa Al Falasi said...

I wish you all the best Geoff. You certainly deserve it. You have been very generous and put a tremendous amount of time and effort in promoting Fujairah in English. This blog is a treasure! Thank you!

Sharqi said...

"على قدرِ أهلِ العزمِ تأتي العزائمُ

وتأتي على قدرِ الكرامِ المكـــــارمُ"

"Strong resolves come in proportion to men of determination, and noble deeds come in proportion to magnanimous men."

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Very sorry we're losing FIF Geoff, it will leave a big gap. Thanks for your dedicated hard work. Mabruk with your new projects.


-CAROL HYLAND

Offsore incorporation said...

Y This Last Post And is Really nice And Good Luck For Your Next Work :)

Angela said...

I just came across this site now.. and that was the last post!! That's sad!!

All the best for your new venture!!

Syed said...

I just came across this post and very sad to hear that this is your last post. The information provided in your blog was very useful for me to explore Fujairah. As you know very little information is available on web.
I will be grateful to you.
Goodluck for your future plans.