Dubai has been a top international tourist magnet for several years.
Abu Dhabi, not to be outdone, has recently been making strong advances in tourism and is being hailed as ‘The Richest City in the World’ and ‘The Cultural Capital of the Middle East and the Arab World’.
This week Fujairah announced its new tourist goals.
Mohammed Bin Majed Al Aleeli, Director General of the Department of Industry and Economy in Fujairah was swift to say that this smaller but burgeoning eastern city and emirate will not try to outdo or replicate Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Here is a summary of what Fujairah tourism is aiming at:
* Maximizing its beaches and mountains and the proximity of the two
* Highlighting natural beauty
* Showcasing its historical sites
* Adding hotel beds to cope with tourist numbers
* Being a stop over for ocean liners
* Building malls and entertainment facilities
* Finishing the new Dubai to Fujairah highway
* Enhancing Fujairah airport facilities
* Establishing the new Creativity City
A full report on this week’s announcement can be found at this link”
‘Fujairah Targets Tourism for Growth’, UAE Focus, AME Info, 26 October 2007.
Image: Maximizing its beaches