Fujairah Collage

Fujairah Collage
Some distinctive landmarks in Fujairah

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Best Beaches in Fujairah and on East Coast of the UAE

I was chatting with several Emirati students this week and we discussed the question of best beaches on the UAE’s east coast.

The students were evenly divided between Khor Fakkan and Khor Kalba.

The question is like forcing a parent to choose their favorite child but I was keen to see what local people choose when they decide to go to the beach.

Recently I have made a few trips to Khor Kalba beach (south of Fujairah) and this experience is always rejuvenating and enlivening.

Follow the link to see some of the photos I took early yesterday morning from the Khor Kalba beach. You’ll see some of the reasons why I love this beach.

Khor Kalba Beach, Facebook, 2 January 2009.

Got a favorite beach on the UAE east coast?

Dr Geoff Pound

Contact or connect with me on Facebook at this link.

Image: Khor Kalba beach in the early morning.

No comments: