Fujairah Collage

Fujairah Collage
Some distinctive landmarks in Fujairah

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wael Al Sayegh on Making Every Day a Weekend

THE CONSTANT
WEEKEND

When I was employed
I counted the hours,
minutes and even seconds to the arrival of the weekend.

In this pocket of air
I wrote and read as much
as I could before diving back into the sea of work's routine.

Then I decided, with all simplicity, to extend the weekend, and here I am
in the constant weekend life.

I read more, I write more, I earn more too.

When your occupation is your passion,
every day's a weekend.

Source
Wael Al Sayegh, There Is An Elephant in the Majlis (Alghaf: Dubai), 34-35.

This and other books by Wael are available at Amazon or at any Magrudy's book store in the UAE.

More information about Wael Al Sayegh.

Further
Wael Al Sayegh Shares His Poetry in Fujairah, FIF, 20 October 2010 (with another poem).

Geoff Pound

This article is also posted on the Fujairah in Focus Facebook Page.

Image: The Constant Weekend in Arabic (Wael Al Sayegh, There Is An Elephant in the Majlis (Alghaf: Dubai), 35). CLICK TO ENLARGE

No comments: