* Amal Murad and her REDAA abaya range were first on the catwalk during opening night (14 May 2010) in Fujairah’s inaugural Fashion Exhibition at the Tennis and Country Club.
* As Fujairah is seeking to develop as a centre for art and culture, designer Amal Murad is keen to contribute to this development and she is constantly looking for ways to boost the fashion industry in the Emirates.
* Amal acknowledges the formative influence of her artistic family in encouraging her to explore her talents.
* Her father’s flair as an artist opened Amal to the vital contribution of beauty to society. She continues to be inspired by the beauty in art, nature and her Emirati tradition.
* Her mother who has regularly sewn was Amal’s first inspiration and when as a young girl she used her mother’s off-cuts to design and make clothes for her dolls, her talent turned into art.
* Designers like Yves Saint Laurent inspired Amal’s appreciation of colours and style.
* Amal works from home where in addition to responsibilities as a business woman, she is wife and mother to her four children.
REDAA Range in Fujairah—Part 1—(Link to Part 2)
REDAA Collection at Fujairah Fashion Exhibition, Fujairah in Focus.(Part 2)
Dancers Star at Fujairah Fashion Launch, Fujairah in Focus.
Fashion Show to Attract the Crème de la Crème of Fujairah, Fujairah in Focus.
Fujairah’s First Fashion Exhibition, Fujairah in Focus.
Connect with Geoff Pound on Facebook, Twitter or at geoffpound(at)gmail.com
Amal Murad walks the Fujairah catwalk to the applause of her models and the appreciative audience.
Thanks to Alan Nambiar for all photos displayed in this article.
Information in this article is drawn from the web pages of Amal Murad as well as from a host of interviews in the public sphere.