Ayman Ashor, General Manager of Fujairah’s new Iberotel Concorde, believes people need to try before they buy so he is inviting Fujairah in Focus readers to enjoy the fitness facilities at his hotel for one week free of charge.
This offer includes all the latest gym machines (with the guidance of trained instructors who will show you how they work), the spa, the sauna room, the jacuzzi and the indoor (heated) swimming pool or the outside rooftop pool.
A variety of massage treatments are available at the Concorde but they are not included free of charge in this trial week deal.
What You’ll Discover
1. You’ll always be able to get a free park in front or behind the Concorde or failing this, the Concorde hotel has hundreds of car parks underneath the rear building. This hotel has more parking space than any other hotel on the UAE’s East Coast.
2. The Wellness Center, called ‘Adam and Eve’, is aimed to get you back into your perfect shape. It has separate facilities for men and women for when you are gyrating around the floor, who wants to put up with people staring at you?
3. The room given over to the gym is huge! I have only seen the men’s area and it is bigger than anything else in Fujairah and the women’s area is a mirror image. Especially when starting on new equipment in an exercise routine you don’t want to be crowded by lots of other people or find that people are queuing up to use the equipment on which you are exercising.
4. If you are starting or restarting a fitness routine there are trained instructors who will demonstrate how to use the equipment and what muscles each apparatus is designed to knock into shape. If you’re a seasoned fitness freak, they will let you do your own thing without troubling you. They can explain about the classes in aerobics, yoga and the like.
5. The jacuzzi is huge and something like the old Roman baths or the large modern baths they have in Seoul, South Korea.
While You’re There…
While you are there for your free week at ‘Adam and Eve’, do ask to see the other facilities. Especially ask to see:
+ The Samakino seafood restaurant.
+ The huge wedding hall—there are three rooms for conferences or small weddings and functions and these walls can be taken down to create the biggest hotel wedding hall or ballroom in the emirate. It can comfortably seat 900 guests but if you are not seating everyone at tables you could accommodate 1100+ people.
+ Check out the rooftop swimming pool, snack, refreshments and shisha. There are two pools here, along with deckchairs. You will be surprised and you will love the views of Fujairah that you get from the rooftop.
Accept Ayman’s invitation to readers of Fujairah in Focus. Tell him and his staff that you read about the free week offer on Fujairah in Focus.
This article is also posted on the Fujairah in Focus Facebook Page.
Image: The Iberotel Concorde Hotel, opposite the Al Rostamani Towers (with Nissan Showroom underneath) on Fujairah’s main street. The lower building behind and to the right is the one that houses the wedding hall, rooftop pool etc.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Posted by Geoff Pound at 8:54 AM