In view of the blandness and sameness that afflicts too many malls around the world one hopes that the forthcoming Fujairah City Centre will be colourful, distinctive and expressive of the unique local flavour on the UAE’s East Coast.
Facts about the
- Work commenced on the Fujairah City Centre on 5 April 2011.
- Completion date set for 2012.
- The Fujairah Crown Prince and the CEO of Majid Al Futtaim laid the foundation stone.
- The cost of the project: 400m AED.
- Facilities will include: cinema, cafes, restaurants, 100 specialty stores including Carrefour, Magic Planet and Home Centre.
- Expected to be the first retail development in
Fujairahto achieve a LEED gold rating for green building design.
- The FCC will create more than 1200 jobs.
- Developers: Majid Al Futtaim (MAF)-see this link for notes on the Fujairah Project.
- It is the sixth mall in the UAE carrying the Majid Al Futtaim Properties name and standards.
- Partnership: The FCC is being developed by MAF in partnership with the government owned Fujairah Investment Establishments.
- Project Manager: MACE.
Locate it on Google Maps
View Fujairah City Centre in a larger map
The Malling of
Crown Prince of
Building Boom at
This article is also posted in the
Image: The new coloured fences around the Fujairah City Centre Construction site; His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi participates in the ground-breaking ceremony of the Fujairah City Centre on 5 April 2011. (Photo courtesy of MACE)