The Fujairah Women’s College recently hosted the 2011 Business Bazaar, ‘Souq Al Areesh’.
It was opened by College Director, Dr Dave Pelham, and special guest, Mr. Ghafour Behroozian, the Community Board Chairman and a businessman in
The entrepreneurial Business and IT Diploma students promoted more than 50 of their own small business projects and sold over 50,000 AED of goods that they had designed and produced themselves. Their products included lines of jewelry, home and fashion accessories, laptop covers, gift items and many more creative concepts.
To add to the bazaar atmosphere and draw in customers a competition was held with gifts generously donated by Jovial Fujairah, Optic Gallery and the Fujairah Chamber of Commerce.
The first placed businesses in the different categories were:
- ‘Frisky Studio’ operated by Amal Ali Saeed Khamis Al Deek
- ‘Best New Product’: Raja Mohammed Hanoun
- ‘Stylish Accessories” operated by Fatmah Mohammed Al Qawadi, Kholoud Abdulla Saeed
- ‘Best Customer Service’: Kholoud Ahmed Khameis
- ‘Stylish Shop’ operated by Fatima Abbas Gholam Saeed
- ‘Best Display’: Nourah Rashed Saeed Al Wawy
In addition to Mr. Ghafour Behroozian, special guests that supported this occasion included:
- Mr. Khalid Al Jasim, a community board member and the Director General of Fujairah Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Mr. Rashid Obaid, a leading businessman in
Fujairahand member of the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Mr. Ebrahim Al Ali, a community board member and the Area Manager for the National Bank of
, East Coast Area. Abu Dhabi
- Mr. Hameed Jaberi, owner of the Optic Gallery Fujairah.
- Mr. William Chong, Executive Managing Director, Emirates Sembcorp Water & Power Company.
- Ms. Hessa Al Yammahi, HR Manager, Emirates Sembcorp Water & Power Company Qidfa.
- Mr. Haian Al Mansour, Business Development Manager,
Applied Business Studies
Running a bazaar is a great way to put business studies into action and all agreed that Souq Al Areesh was an encouraging opportunity to witness the potential of these future Emirati businesswomen.
This article is also posted on the Fujairah in Focus-Facebook Page.
Image: “Souq Al Areesh, a great opportunity to witness the potential of these future Emirati businesswomen.”